5 tips for event speaking – this episode of the Better Presentations More Sales podcast was inspired by an event I attended which had three 10 minute breakfast speakers.
They were each sponsors of the event and had been given the 10 minutes as part of their package. So almost inevitably they talked about their organisations.
I made some notes and from those created 5 tips for Event Speaking which I would have coached them on prior to the event.
5 tips for Event Speaking:
- Check the venue – particularly the size of the screens – and your speaking position
- You can talk about your company but you can do it in such a way that it appeals to the audience so use two or three stories to describe things you’ve done
- Don’t use big notes because you will read from them – a prompt card will suffice.
- Don’t have complex slides, check your spelling, and don’t talk about one thing while your slide is sharing a message about another
- Practice so that you run on time
This is episode 268 of the Better Presentations More Sales podcast – the previous 267 episodes are available on your usual podcast app or you can listen and download them on the Better Presentations More Sales podcast page
To find out how more about how I can help your teams deliver confident, impactful, memorable and action inducing presentations please visit my Presentation Training page
For one to one business leader presentation coaching please visit my Presentation Coaching page
Before you book any training or coaching with me it is important for you to be sure that I’m the right person for you or your team so let’s have a 15-20 minute informal no obligation no fee chat on Zoom. Simply click here: Trevor Lee 15 minute meeting
Thanks for listening. If you like the show please do leave a review.