Glastonbury and your Presentation – this episode of the Better Presentations More Sales podcast was inspired by watching some of the Glastonbury festival.
I looked at the way the performers engage the audience, structure their set, communicate with the audience and deliver a performance and then looked at how you can learn from them to help you deliver a better, more confident and more successful presentation.
So I’ve broken it down into five areas which you can benefit from
Glastonbury and your Presentation:
- Engage your audience from the beginning – musicians go straight into their first number and you should go straight into your main introduction point not ramble on about yourself
- Get things in the right order – music sets have a big start, some of the not so popular stuff in the middle and then go for the blockbuster finish
- Communicate with your audience – tell them what’s coming up and maybe add as the musicians do a short story about the next key point before you share it
- Practice/Rehearse – musicians do this to ensure they got the flow right and the timing of their session and that’s exactly why you should practice your presentation
- Glastonbury is a performance and so is your presentation so use your voice, your body language and potentially some props to engage and energise your audience
This is episode 269 of the Better Presentations More Sales podcast – the previous 268 episodes are available on your usual podcast app or you can listen and download them on the Better Presentations More Sales podcast page
To find out how more about how I can help your teams deliver confident, impactful, memorable and action inducing presentations please visit my Presentation Training page
For one to one business leader presentation coaching please visit my Presentation Coaching page
Before you book any training or coaching with me it is important for you to be sure that I’m the right person for you or your team so let’s have a 15-20 minute informal no obligation no fee chat on Zoom. Simply click here: Trevor Lee 15 minute meeting
Thanks for listening. If you like the show please do leave a review.
Here are links to the evergreen webinar versions of the presenting and sales skills sessions I ran in January and February 2023: