Often in business we are involved in a team led sales pitch which could be anything from two people to sometimes six or seven. This article shares five top tips to help you be more successful when delivering a team led sales pitch.
The five top tips for a team led sales pitch are:
- Establish key roles including allocating your best presenter to do the start and finish of the pitch, have your best people person do the meeting and greeting and intro, and have your best technical people deliver the core bit in the middle of the pitch
- Give yourselves plenty of time to build together the pitch and then practice it
- Divide the timing up between you all and being very conscious of not overrunning – one way of avoiding overrunning is to practice delivering in no more than 80-85% of your allocated time
- Practice seamless handovers which involve introducing the next person in your team to speak with a short summary of what they are going to talk about
- Stay interested when you’re not speaking – your audience will be looking at you as a team not as a series of individuals and they will be thinking ‘Can I work with this team?’ so looking engaged and staying interested when you’ve done your bit is really important
For more sales tips and advice check out my website : trevorjlee.com
To find out how more about how I can help your teams deliver confident, impactful, memorable and action inducing presentations please visit my Presentation Training page
If your team need inspiring and re-energising please visit my Sales Training page
Before you book any training or coaching with me it is important for you to be sure that I’m the right person for you or your team so let’s have a 15-20 minute informal no obligation no fee chat on Zoom. Simply click here: Trevor Lee 15 minute meeting
My podcast Better Presentations More Sales features an array of global guests sharing every Monday great presenting and sales advice, tips and ideas.
Check out my book: ‘12 Business Lessons from Running an Ultra Marathon‘ – all proceeds go to Children’s Hospice South West
Here are links to the evergreen webinar versions of the presenting and sales skills sessions I ran in January and February 2023: