5 virtual presenting don’t do’s.
Over the last 15 months we’ve all got used to interacting virtually – but how good are we at delivering virtual presentations whether that to clients, to colleagues, to investors, to business associates etc…here are 5 virtual presenting don’t do’s.
I still see a lot of people presenting virtually in ways in which they could easily do better and that was the motivation for putting this podcast episode together to share with you five things not to do when presenting virtually
Here they are:
- Open up your presentation or arrive to deliver it bang on the time when it is due to start
- Have a distracting virtual background or a window behind you or deliver from your normal high-back office chair
- Read from a script or from the slides
- Launch straight into your presentation without telling the audience what’s coming up, how they can interact etc..
- Have someone press the ‘next slide please’ button – introduce each slide, make the transition smooth – almost unnoticeable
Bonus: Don’t look uninterested or bored with what you are doing! – Instead smile into the webcam, add humour if the opportunity arises.
This is episode 167 of the Better Presentations More Sales podcast – the previous 166 episodes are available on your usual podcast app or you can listen and download them via this link.
To find out how more about how I can help you deliver confident, impactful, memorable and action inducing presentations in 2022 please follow this link
Before you book any training or coaching with me it is important for you to be sure that I’m the right person for you or your team so let’s have a 15-20 minute informal no obligation no charge chat on Zoom. Simply click on this link to make that happen.
If would like the chance to be sent by me a copy of my book : 12 Business Lessons from Running an UltraMarathon simply leave a review for the podcast, take a screenshot and email it to at email@example.com – don’t forget to include your name and postal address. If you’ve already left a review – thanks very much – simply screenshot the one you already left and send it to me.
Thanks for listening. If you like the show please do leave a review via your podcast app. or comment in Linked in or share with others. Any / all of those actions would be much appreciated.